##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors: #
Threat detection is as easy as finding a needle in a forest (even for machine learning)
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
Last decade has seen an exponential rise in digital adoption of enterprises. We have moved on from just being an internet to internet of things and now internet of everything. Although connectedness has painted much brighter future but this has also provided an opportunity for cyber criminals. Cyber security has now become one of the top priorities of enterprises.
But threat detection is like finding a needle in a forest. There is enormous amounts of data generated in a modern enterprise (with no well defined perimeter) and you got to absorb, feel and then identify those rare malicious activities in the real time.
Considering the muscle required to deal with the scale and variety of enterprise security data, machine learning comes with a great potential to solve cybersecurity problems.
In this talk, I would like to cover:
a) Some enterprise cybersecurity challenges
b) How machine learning solves them
c) What are the challenges associated with generating value from machine learning in enterprise cybersecurity environment
d) Future of machine learning in cyber security
- Introduction to enterprise cyber security landscape
- High level overview of typical stages of an attack
- Problems with existing rule based approaches
- Gravity of the problem that we are dealing with from data volume, velocity and variety perspective
- What kind of data representation helps for security data
- How machine learning deals with threat detection (feature engineering and modeling techniques, etc.)
- Current challenges with machine learning in enterprise cyber security
- Future of machine learning in cyber security
Speaker bio #
Ashish Verma is a machine learning researcher working in Qualys (Pune). He is currently leading machine learning research and building a machine learning based cybersecurity product for Qualys.
In the past he has built a scalable AI platform for digital marketing as co-founder of AIdentity.ai. He is also currently authoring a book on application of deep learning in cybersecurity.