The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Text Classification, Interpretability, and Summarisation at Scale
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
The Freshdesk product is used by over 150,000 customers for resolving customer support tickets. Each customer configures workflows within the product that are specific to their approach to ticket resolution. Traditionally, these use a hand-tuned rule-based system that serves well when a support organisation is relatively small. However, as businesses scale and customer needs become more complex, rule-based systems are unable to keep up, resulting in increases in issue resolution times and a drop in customer satisfaction.
In order to enable our customers to meet increasing customer expectations and reduce unnecessary manual effort, we have designed an NLP system that:
1. Automatically routes & prioritises tickets to the right support agent using historical data
2. Reduces dependence on a rule-based system
3. Helps agents and administrators understand why a particular prediction was made
- An overview of ticketing systems and rule-based routing
- Various approaches we looked at to solve routing and prioritisation
- Scaling the data science pipeline to 70,000+ models
- Building interpretability models to help users understand the reason for predictions
- Future Directions - we would like to take this further for text summarization where we would shorten the document that would provide a brief overview of it.
Data scientist at Freshworks