The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Schema Registry and the nitty gritty details of schema formats
The data ecosystem has come along way in last decade. The ride from structured to unstructured data has been quick. And kafka (more genrally the streaming ecosystem) has been at the forefront of that innovation. While the streaming architecture started with bits (== data - semantics) flowing through the network to offer flexibity the structure and semantics has caught up rather quickly. The same is evident by confluent’s schema registry for kafka and schema registry being shipped with Apache pulsar etc.
The schema representation though is a vast topic and with multiple topics (json-schemas, avro, protobuf, thrift) its difficult to really understand whats best for you. This talk will present this formats and how they actually work under the hood encoding and decoding data, how the schema evolves over time relating to all these formats etc
This talk is mostly centered around:
1. The most popular schema representation formats.
2. How these formats actually encode and decode data on producer/consumer ends.
3. Why we chose Avro for our pipeline
4. What are the important factors in choosing one of these.
Shiv is a passionate engineer who loves building scalable, fault-tolerant & highly available platforms. Shiv has contributed to multiple open source projects including apache pulsar, mysql, apache atlas etc. Shiv has worked on a variety of products ranging from backend platforms to infra to web applications and loves collaborating with people sharing and gathering knowledge through the open source community. Shiv has previously been a speaker at multiple open source conferences including FOSS ASIA, OPEN SOURCE INDIA etc.