The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
MUDPIPE - Malicious URL Detection for Phishing Identification and Prevention
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
Social engineering is one of the most dangerous threats facing every individual and modern organization. Phishing is a well-known, computer-based, social engineering technique. Attackers use disguised emails as a weapon to target large companies. Numerous fake websites have
been developed to mimic trusted websites, with the aim of stealing financial assets from users and organizations.
With the huge number of phishing emails received every day, companies are not able to detect all of them. That is why new techniques and safeguards are needed to defend against phishing. In the layered-security model, this is the next level of security control to deal with those emails that even manage to evade spam filtering gateway & also block undesired action when a user clicks on a malicious link.
Machine learning (ML) is a popular tool for data analysis and recently has shown promising results in combating phishing. This talk will explore the behind-the-scenes of phishing detection and walk thorugh the the steps required to build a machine learning-based solution to detect phishing attempts, using cutting-edge Python machine learning libraries.
- Introduction to Phishing & Social Engineering
- Threat actors and vectors in phishing exploitation attacks
- Determinants at play while evaluating website genuineness
- How to build your own Machine Learning Model for phishing detection
- Demo of an existing model and model evaluation
- Factors to be considered while deploying the model in production
Arjun is a security professional with diverse experience in architecting, designing, implementing & supporting IT Security & Vulnerability Management solutions in Enterprise & Cloud environments. He is an information security enthusiast with diverse experience in areas like Application Security, Security Architecture, DevSecOps, Cloud Security & Machine Learning. Currently, Arjun is currently working as a Security Architect ensuring end-to-end implementation, design and governance of security measures an e-commerce platform, aimed at brand protection and improving customer confidence. He is currently developing products that aid in phishing detection for the enterprise and ensure that defenses are in place to counter this threat.