The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Machine Learning Platform @Flipkart
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
Every decision at Flipkart is data driven which implies every team at Flipkart is adopting Machine Learning based solutions. Machine Learning Platform enables data scientists and engineers to build, productionize and monitor machine learning models reliably at scale.
In this talk, we will walk you through the challenges faced in building ML Platform and evolution of the platform. We will also cover why it was important for us to make ML Platform a part of Flipkart’s Data Platform and how it helped us in building capabilities like interactive experimentation, batch prediction, model reproducibility and model health monitoring.
- Why did we build Machine Learning Platform at Flipkart?
- Challenges faced in productionizing ML models and how did we solve them.
- MLPlatform Evolution.
- How we leveraged Flipkart’s Data Platform to enable interactive experimentation, batch prediction, model reproducibility and model health monitoring?
- Future Work
Engineer working on Machine Learning Platform at Flipkart. Before that, he worked at VizExperts on GIS, GPU Computing and Computer Graphics. He graduated with B.Tech in Computer Science from IIIT Allahabad.