The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Improving product discovery via Hierarchical Recommendations!
Session type: Lecture Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
A recommendation engine’s primary goal is to surface personalised & relevant content to the user, content which satisfies explicit intent as well as serendipitous content that would otherwise be invisible. E-commerce categories such as Lifestyle, have a lot of flux, the trends last for a short time window and have their demand distributed across an extensive selection. In such cases, recommending product collections can be a better idea instead of individual products.
In this talk I will be talking about the recommendation system at Flipkart, our journey towards recommending collection and how it improved the product discovery and helped in solving cold start problem. I will also cover the relevance algorithm used which is a hybrid of collaborative and content-based recommendation, and how this is achieved at scale, where we have catalogue consisting of ~400M products and this will be ever growing in this ecommerce world.
The Why ?
1. To solve cold start problem and to improve product discovery which aids to coverage
2. Increasing basket size and improving engagement post purchase
3. Cross category discovery and search result augmentation
- Introduction - a generic e-commerce Recommender System
- Problem in a traditional Recommender System
- Our journey towards recommending collections
- Flipkart’s Taxonomy
- Computing relevance via Cosine Similarity
- Multiple approaches
- Improvement and results
Neha is a Senior Software Engineer with Recommendation team at Flipkart. She has worked on building scalable systems for product recommendations and personalisation. In the past she has also worked on Natural Language Processing. She is interested in building robust data processing pipelines at scale, and applying Machine Learning to solve challenging problems . She has graduated from IIT BHU. While not working on official projects, she involves herself in technical writing and blogging. She also contributes to the open source world by answering technical questions.
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/nehaskumari/
- Medium : https://medium.com/@_neha_kumari
- Flipkart blog : https://tech.flipkart.com/beyond-item-item-pattern-mining-recommending-collections-c9883640381b, https://tech.flipkart.com/expressing-etl-workflows-via-cascading-192eb5e7d85d
- Stackoverflow : https://stackoverflow.com/users/5488173/neha-kumari