##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
Harnessing implementation Patterns in Data Science
Transforming data science and big data implementations into generic and reusable blueprints for generating data pipelines which save developers cost and time accompanied by Generic CICD (Continuous Integration and continuous deployment) pipeline for deploying these to any cloud in minutes .
Data Science and Big Data include patterns for processing and analysing data specific to sectors of retail ,finance and e-commerce . Focus is on generating blueprint from these patterns which are generic & reusable which developers can harness to generate complex pipelines saving cost and time. These patterns include ingestion from various sources ,feature engineering patterns and generic data science models such as regression and classification use cases.There are a number of use cases such as cloud migration , ingestion , propensity ,sentimental analysis etc where implementations are same but inputs or factors are different. I know what are limitations and bottle necks developers face while developing these use cases. But none has tried to transform these use cases into blueprints or templates so it can be utilised by others developers. Use of these blueprints would directly effect the business owners since it would save cost and majorly time in implementing these pipelines.
No software requirements as such except java and maven because it involves blueprints which can be of any frameworks or language.
I have been working and developing use cases for retail and e-commerce sector for quite a while now.
I have a number of open source contributions to my name and many of plugins and API’s written by me are present in maven central. I have worked on cloud,devops ,data science and analytics and have knowledge in all of these domains.
I have spoken on this in a few conferences before where my work and research is well appreciated . Examples include PDC(Pune Data Conference).