##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data-Driven Sourcing of Candidates for Recruitment
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
We cover how we are using social media data to source candidates and details on how we manage the data-pipeline, trained the models, built the webapp, handled data-security and GDPR and Legal. Our project manages a huge amount(~1TB) of data but is used by a small amount of users.
WebApp - minor overview
GDPR and Legal
I have been working as a Data Scientist and Engineer for the last 2 years and I started off as an Application Developer writing software. I have an online specialization in Data Science from the University of Michigan, a specialization in Deep Learning in Tensorflow/Keras, Numpy from Andrew Ng and Deeplearning.ai and a specialization in Scala-Spark from EPFL.
- Name/Username-based predictions - https://github.com/devssh/GenderEthnicityDetector
- Image-based predictions - https://github.com/devssh/age-gender-estimation