The Fifth Elephant 2023 winter edition in Bangalore; membership announcement This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Communicating anything to anyone. How to communicate effectively and efficiently
Session type: Workshop
Everyone thinks they are a good at communication, but... how many times have you been at an event talking to someone you really didn’t want to talk to? Been sold to by someone who didn’t get that you weren’t interested?
These are examples of bad communication and they all have a few things in common, they weren’t efficient and they weren’t effective.
They didn’t go into the communication with the right mindset and the right preparation
Also, sorry to say it, but your own communications probably suck too. But after this workshop you’ll have a leg up on your competition: you’ll know your communication sucks... and you know how to fix it.
Bad communication, and why it happens
What’s the right mindset to have
What’s the right preparation to do
Examples of efficient and effective communication
I will take you through my number 1 and number 2 rules for efficient and effective communication.
I combine my 13 years of professional software engineering experience with a passion for leadership and communication skills. My main focus is on how we can be better technical leaders and developers by focusing on learning the skills most of us ignore - communication and leadership skills.
Originally from the UK but now based in Australia, I have consulted, performed workshops and developed software for clients across the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Technology in all its forms is part of my makeup and so I code, speak, write, teach, make, game and listen to all things geek