The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
BoF on ML platforms
Session type: Birds of a Feather session of 1 hour Session type: BOF session of 1 hour
On machine learning platforms, journeys in building them, and managing infrastructure for ML platforms
The purpose of this BoF is to have a conversation around platforms that
organizations are building develop and deploy ML models. We will discuss a
number of practical challenges in developing and deploying ML Platforms
We will touch upon :
(a) Whether organizations need one and when?
(b) What should it achieve? What is it value proposition?
(c) What is it relationship to cloud offerings such Azure ML?
(d) How should one go about developing one?
(e) How should one think about technology/other choices?
(f) What the challenges in developing and operating one?
Specifically we will discuss
(a) Data flows - stability, scaling, changing requirements
(b) Team structure/skill requirements and availability
(c) Development Support - Notebooks, production vs test, realtime vs batch
(d) Life cycle management - Planning, deployment, evolution
(e) Operations - Monitoring, debugging, evolution to latest tooling
(f) Pressures - Balance of need to deliver vs need to architecture
(g) Processes - For development efficiency, correctness
(h) Data Governance - access and data copy management, privacy
(i) Scaling - how to grow with data sets, number of models, computational requirements, diversity?
Interest in productionization of machine learning
- Krupal Modi, Director of Machine Learning, Haptik
- Subir Mansukhani, India Head, Domino Data Labs
- Ravi SK, Sr. Architect, Walmart Labs
- Soumya Simanta, Principal Architect, Swiggy
- Venkata Pingali, CEO, Scribble Data (Moderator)