##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become Language Agnostic by Combining the Power of R with Python using Reticulate
Session type: Workshop
Language Wars have always been there for ages and it’s got a new candidate with Data science booming - R vs Python. While the fans are fighting R vs Python, the creators (Hadley Wickham (Chief DS @ RStudio) and Wes McKinney (Creator of Pandas Project)) are working together as Ursa Labs team to create open source data science tools. A similar effort by RStudio has given birth to Reticulate (R Interface to Python) that helps programmers combine R and Python in the same code, session and project and create a new kind of super hero.
Why R and Python?
Introduction to Reticulate
Sample Use-case explanation
Potential use-cases to create a new super power
Duration of the workshop. - ~2 hours
Background knowledge required to participate in the workshop. What concepts/technologies should participants be familiar with in order to attend the workshop. - Knowledge of R and Python. Use of RStudio and Python installation
Target audience: who should attend the workshop? - Datascientist / Consultant who wants to leverage the power of both R and Python for their Projects
Who should NOT attend this workshop. - This isn’t for someone who wants to learn R or Python or any other Data science Concepts
Why attend this workshop? What will participants learn from attending this workshop? How will they benefit? - Understanding the capability of using Python with R. Learning the technical acumens of it and ideas to incorporate it in their own Workflows.
Detailed workshop plan
- Why R and Python?
* Moving away from R vs Python
* Cases where both the langauges together will help
- Introduction to Reticulate
* What’s about the package
* How to install reticulate
* Basic Functions
- Python Engine
* Understanding about Python Engine in the local Machine
* Select Different Engine for Reticulate Session
- Code Outline
* Layout/Structure of the Code
* Presence of R
* Presence of Python
* Object Interaction
- Sample Use-case Explanation
* What’s the use-case
* Spacy - Outline
* RMarkdown - Outline
* Combining Spacy and Rmarkdown with Reticuate
* NLP Analysis Report
- Potential use-cases to create a new super power
* Use-cases that audience can take back
- R, RStudio, Python (with Enviroment Path configured)
- reticulate - Package installed
- Github Repo contents
- Necessary Python Packages
- Basic Computer Configuration - Any OS, Basic RAM (~2+ GB)
- Knowledge of R and Python
Abdul Majed is an Analytics Consultant helping Organizations make sense some out of the massive - often not knowing what to do - data. Married to R (but dating Python). Always amazed by Open Source and its contributors and trying to be one of them.
Organizer @ Bengaluru R user Group (BRUG) Organizer
Contributed to Open source by publishing packages on CRAN and PyPi
Writer @ Towards Data Science and DataScience+