Tighten Up Your Android Application Security
Submitted by Pragati Ogal Rai (@pragatiogal) on Friday, 11 October 2013
Section: App Demos Technical level: Beginner
- Do not underestimate the importance of properly securing your applications.
- Building security is easy and Android provides mechanisms to do it correctly.
- Securing components, inter-component communication, tightening up Manifest file.
- Participants can bring in their use cases for discussion during the presentation.
- Participants bring in their questions arond emerging technologies in Android.
This class is all about securing Android applications. Security is an integral part of all applications, including gaming, social, commerce and local. We will cover the essentials of securing Android components, secure inter-component interaction, permissions, manifest file artifacts, and concepts for secure testing. This class is also a platform for discussing security on upcoming experiments in mobile technologies like NFC and payments. At the end of the class, you will walk away with an in-depth knowledge of Android application security and examples of doing it right.
This is a track for beginner to an expereinced engineer. It is nice if attendees has done some Android development.
Pragati is the Chief Technology Evangelist for PayPal and the author of the book "Android Application Security Essentials". She has more than 14 years of experience in technology domains like mobile operating systems, mobile security, payments, and commerce. From starting as a platform security engineer with Motorola, to leading mobile developer relations in North America, she has extensive product and business development experience. Pragati has dual masters in Computer Science and has taught and trained computer science students at universities around the world. She is a recognized speaker at international technology events.