Droidcon is India’s first national Android conference and is a part of the worldwide Droidcon series of events. This is a technical conference, for developers by developers.
Sessions are for 45 minutes each (30 speaking, 5 Q&A, 10 transition). We will have three parallel tracks over two days, with 8 sessions per track per day. Workshop sessions are 60 minutes each (50 speaking, 10 minutes for transition between rooms).
We recommend you illustrate your sessions with demos of your own code and applications. Please refrain from making a pitch without explaining how it works, as your primary audience will be developers.
Sessions will be ranked by community voting and selected by a program committee with representation from the local community and the international Droidcon events. Confirmed speakers get free tickets to the event. Anyone who proposes to speak but isn’t confirmed will still get early bird pricing. If you’ve proposed to speak, there’s no need to rush to buy a ticket. We’ll be in touch with you.
Participants may reserve their tickets from http://droidcon.doattend.com.
The event will have three parallel tracks. The list below will be consolidated down to three by the program committee.
Continuous Delivery for an Android application
Continuous Delivery [CD] is a key aspect of the Lean Startup. While this is usually spoken about in the context of Web Applications, it does not need to be limited to that context.
In this talk, I will demonstrate the first step towards moving to a CD setup. Specifically this involves setting up a Push Button deployment system using Ant and Jenkins
The demo will include how to use Jenkins in combination wIth Ant to The demo will include how to use Jenkins in combination wIth Ant to achieve the following:
- Create and sign package
- Create different types of packages like debug, release etc.
- Run the unit tests automatically within the emulator
- Generate different types of metrics reports such as test coverage, coding standard violations etc.
- Archive the packages and upload it to an FTP location
- Automatically increment the version of the app for each build
- Easily pull previous versions to allow for a quick roll back
Vaidyanathan B - Founder and CEO of Multunus Software Pvt. LTd.
Leena S N - Head of Engineering Multunus Software Pvt. LTd.
- http://devopsdays.org/events/2011-bangalore/proposals/Push button deployment with Jenkins/