In its own words, Rust is “a language empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.” Since its release in 2014, Rust has repeatedly been voted one of the most-loved programming languages on the StackOverflow survey in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. While it was first introduced as a systems-programming language, Rust has since moved on to be used as a more general-purpose language, promising speed, safety and reliability. However, is Rust ready for an enterprise usage or does it still have some wrinkles to iron out?
This Birds of Feather (BOF) session will explore the following aspects of Rust language, the ecosystem surrounding it, and its readiness for enterprise adoption:
- What are some of simple and most used pathways for Rust adoption in enterprises?
- How does Rust work in combination with other languages given that enterprises have legacy stacks?
- What is lacking in Rust as a language and in the ecosystem’s maturity?
- What are the practical ways to inculcate/reinforce systems’ thinking around Rust (and programming languages) instead of looking at a language for what it is?
- What is underway to improve the enterprise software development experience - including tooling, deployment, testing frameworks, security engineering, etc - with Rust?
- How do we help new developers in enterprises to get started with their journey with Rust? What are the resources - community, educational resources, etc - and advice on first steps available to enterprise developers as they begin their journey?
About the BoF session With many enterprises exploring1 the possibility of including Rust language into the design of products and services, it becomes important to discuss some of the factors which can swing this decision. Designed as a Birds-of-Feather (BoF) session, this brings together developers, senior leaders and interested members who discuss some of the key points which influence the deci… more
In this talk, I provide an introduction an introduction to Optimization of Embeded Devices Perfoemnce in the real world Model deployment and analysis. I explain what are the factors that contribute to successful deployment of the embedded devices in building a faster prediction in the deployment in IoT devices as well as the embedded system, and how these benefit teams. I then provide seven examp… more