When any organization goes from product market fit or beta test phase to production rollout, or from first x customers to 10x or 100x customers and starts scaling, they typically start running into challenges with systems stability and resiliency. These challenges change with every phase of growth. So does the need for having a SRE team and/or a DevOps team, and the role these teams play.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to what roles these teams should play, and which tools various teams should use to track the metrics and processes involved. But there are some common building blocks that apply in similar (and different) ways and forms for most teams. The idea of the SRE Conference is to get together and to know about these building blocks, share and learn about the themes that fall under the SRE umbrella.
SRE Conf is a two-track conference. The track, “Culture, career and Evolution” is more focused on leadership, team, and organizational topics while the “Stories from the Trenches” track will cover real-world scenarios, and lessons learned which will help engineers and engineering teams to upskill themselves by understanding experiences from their industry peers.
Culture, career, and evolution
- SRE v/s DevOps v/s Platform Engineering teams in organizations.
- Hiring and building SRE teams.
- Blameless postmortems.
- Role of AI in SRE/DevOps/Platforms.
- FinOps and cost optimization.
- SRE Anti-patterns
Stories from the trenches:
- Incident management.
- Change management.
- Scalability and performance.
- SLA/SLO and golden signals.
- Security and DevSecOps.
- Systems and networking.
- Improved understanding of organizational needs and requirements.
- Enhanced optimization skills.
- Networking opportunities.
- Knowledge sharing and community building.
- Members of SRE, DevOps or platform teams.
- A software developer or manager who is responsible for services running on any cloud platform or on-prem data center.
- Technology leader of an engineering team that manages critical systems which should have minimal to zero downtime.
If you are interested in speaking at the conference, submit your talk idea here. The editors - Sarika Atri and Safeer CM - will review your talk description and give feedback.
Speakers will also receive feedback and assistance during rehearsals from reviewers including Rolland Santimano, Saurabh Hirani, Satyajeet Jadhav, and Sitaram Shelke.
Guidelines for speaking, speaker honorarium policy, and travel grant policy details are published here.
This conference is curated by Sarika Atri and Safeer CM.
Sarika Atri is Software Architect with over 20 years experience in the industry. Sarika reviewed talks for Rootconf Cloud Costs Optimization conference.
Safeer CM is Senior Staff SRE at Flipkart. He is author of Architecting Cloud-Native Serverless Solutions published by Packt.
SRE Conf is a community-funded conference. It will be held in-person. Attendance is open to Rootconf members only. Support this conference with a membership. If you have questions about participation, post a comment here.
Sponsorship slots are open for:
- Tool and solutions providers.
- Companies interested in tech branding for hiring.
Email sponsorship queries to email@example.com