Rootconf is HasGeek’s annual conference – and now a growing community – around DevOps, systems engineering, DevSecOps, security and cloud. The annual Rootconf conference takes place in May each year, with the exception of 2019 when the conference will be held in June.
Besides the annual conference, we also run meetups, one-off public lectures, debates and open houses on DevOps, systems engineering, distributed systems, legacy infrastructure, and topics related to Rootconf.
This is the place to submit proposals for your work, and get them peer reviewed by practitioners from the community.
Topics for submission:
We seek proposals – for short and long talks, as well as workshops and tutorials – on the following topics:
- Case studies of shift from batch processing to stream processing
- Real-life examples of service discovery
- Case studies on move from monolith to service-oriented architecture
- Network security
- Monitoring, logging and alerting – running small-scale and large-scale systems
- Cloud architecture – implementations and lessons learned
- Optimizing infrastructure
- Immutable infrastructure
- Aligning people and teams with infrastructure at scale
- Security for infrastructure
If you have questions/queries, write to us on email@example.com
Mocking Production like Environment using Terraform, Packer and Jenkins
HashiCorp Terraform is a one of the most powerful infrastructure management tools available. We can perform the CRUD operations on infrastructure—all
with a single command.
Note:- But with great power comes great responsibility.
In this talk we will understand how we use below 3 tools
to mock our production like infrastrucutre in no time and run all our beta, alpha versioned applications on infrastrucutre bootstrapped by Terraform
using Jenkins to test them out before the Production deployment.
- Nouns and Verbs
- Safety and State management
- Asset Account concept
Continous AMI building
- Blue Ocean plugin to create pipeline for Packer AMI’s
- Blue Ocean plugin to create pipeline for Terraform create
- Blue Ocean plugin to create pipeline for Terraform destroy
Abhishek leads the Cloud Infrastructure / DevSecOps team at Talentica Software, where he designs the next generation of Cloud Infrastructure in a cost-effective and reliable manner without comprising on infrastructure and application security. He has experience in working across various technology domains like Data Center Security, Cloud Operations, Cloud Automation, writing tools around infrastructure and Cloud Security.
His current focus is on Security Operations and Clojure.