Continuous integration using Python Selenium and Travis CI
Selenium is a popular tool for automating the testing of web apps and more. In this talk, we will learn how testing was automated for a live site Devopedia.org, which is an open platform for crowdsourced technical content. The web app codebase is in PHP but automated testing is done with Python Selenium. For testing on the cloud, browsers are used in headless mode and Travis CI is used. The talk will include tips and tricks for using Python Selenium and designing test cases the right way.
Participants need to have some exposure to Python. Although the talk is focused on Python, programmers using Selenium with Java binding will also benefit from some of the content.
- We will look at the testing architecture and the tools used.
- We will spend a lot of time going through Python test code to learn first hand how to write clean code and reuse code via classes, methods and modules.
Finally, be prepared to ask questions. We will not have any boring slides. We want the session to be as interactive as possible. Experienced testers are most welcome to attend and share your knowledge.
- LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/arvindpdmn
- GitHub: https://github.com/arvindpdmn
- Self-published book: http://theinfinitebit.wordpress.com
- Founder Member of: https://devopedia.org