About the event
Cloud server management brings with it as many challenges as it offers conveniences. It is time to unbundle questions about:
- Resource allocation: how best to allocate manpower, time, money and infrastructure capacity?
- Scaling: how best to utilize capacity in the present, and factors involved in planning for the future?
- Security: which scenarios must you plan for, and how best to secure your data, applications and systems?
Who should submit a talk
- Work with cloud servers,
- Plan and manage infrastructure,
- Make decisions on technology and architecture for your organization,
submit a talk for any of the three events in this series.
Each event is single-day, with about 4-5 short and long talks, 2-3 demos, one BOF, and a three-hour workshop on configuration management.
We are accepting proposals for:
- 30-minute talks – which cover conceptual topics and case studies.
- Crisp 15-minute talks – on new tools and techniques in cloud server management.
- 5-10 min demos.
- Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions, led by 1-3 persons from the community, on a relevant topic.
- 3-hour hands-on workshops on configuration management.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides
along with your proposal.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference and networking dinner. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Travel grants are available for domestic speakers. We evaluate each case on its merits, giving preference to women, people of non-binary gender, and Africans.
If you require a grant, request it when you submit your proposal in the field where you add your location. Rootconf Miniconf is funded through ticket purchases and sponsorships; travel grant budgets vary.
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Chennai: 25 November, 2017
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Mumbai: 8 December, 2017
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Delhi: 20 January, 2018
For more information about speaking, Rootconf, the Miniconf series, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Best Practices for Tuning Elasticsearch at Scale
The talk will cover the various problems faced while scaling Elasticsearch along with various parameters to consider for architecht and fine-tuning Elasticsearch cluster before deploying in the Production Environment. It will cover the basic configuration to advanced configuration which should be considered while deploying an Elasticsearch cluster. The key takeaways of the talk will be to broaden your mindset to fine-tune the Elasticsearch cluster which is an ever-learning process. The intended audience for the talk would be those who are familiar with Elasticsearch and are looking to deploy Elasticsearch, fine-tuning some of the configuration to handle some pivotal issues such as OutOfMemory Exception, Unassigned Shards etc.
- Introduction to Elasticsearch
- Various Problems faced while scaling Elasticsearch
- Choosing the right kind of Node for Elasticsearch Cluster
- Choosing the right set of Hardware (Memory, Disks etc.)
- Configuration for Fine-Tuning Elasticsearch
The participants should come with a zeal of learning new ideas :)
Author of the books “Mastering Elastic Stack” & “Kibana Essentials”. Currently, working as an Infrastructure Engineer at Innovaccer responsible to architect, manage and orchestrate Elasticsearch Clusters for various projects across the organization. Keen Technologist with interest towards Big Data, Dev Ops, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. Love to spend time on various social platforms and contribute by Providing Answers on Stackoverflow, Writing a Blog and Writing answers on Quora.