Auto-remediation at scale using watchers
Submitted by Vivek Sridhar (@vsridhar) on Wednesday, 20 December 2017
Watcher is a plugin for Elasticsearch that provides alerting and notification based on changes in your data (which is loaded via logs from various systems into Elasticsearch). The data can be anything either application logs or infrastructure logs or software logs or event logs. You can even design event-driven automation to self-heal the failed systems & services in production.
- Introduction to monitoring issues at scale (what problems users can expect at scale & why traditional method might not be right solution - stats & scale etc.)
- An introduction to watchers and its capabilities - monitoring & alerting.
- Steps involved in building an auto-remediation system using watchers.
- Simple example - Users failed to login?
- Use watchers to solve user login failure by running diagnosis & event-driven automation to self-heal the system for failed login accounts.
Vivek is a tech enthusiast with over 11 years experience in the Software Industry. He is currently working as a Developer Advocate with DigitalOcean and has been a Technology Advisor to several tech startups. Previously he was Head of DevOps & QA at Blackbuck and was a DevOps Solution Architect at HCL (Australia) in client engagement and pre-sales roles. Vivek started his career with IBM Rational (INDIA Software Labs) and is passionate about working with software developer communities.