Myntra's use case of Aerospike for optimizing online feature stores for home page personalization. At the MLOps conference held between 23 and 27 July, Myntra’s data scientist - Sajan Kedia - explained how Myntra uses Aerospike to optimize online feature s… more
How do you select datastores and be aware of their limitations when applied to the problem at hand? Are there misconceptions you wish someone had cleared for you as you started on your journey of scaling with datastores?
Choosing data stores for your use cases conference will help you understand:
- Running datastores at scale - and tuning, debugging and operations.
- Solving specific use cases with a certain datastore.
- Data modelling and developer experience with datastore.
Senior infrastructure and software engineers from Farfetch, Aerospike, Zeotap, eightfold.ai, LinkedIn and Tesco engineering will share war stories and their learnings with practitioners in the audience.
View schedule at https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/choosing-datastores/schedule
Managed MySQL Experience At LinkedIn
MySQL is used as a primary data store by a majority of internal tools at LinkedIn. We host over 2000 databases of different use-cases. To support our clients better, we have developed a few tools around MySQL. In this talk we will discuss how our tools improved the developer experience while using MySQL.
We will talk about how a database is requested and provisioned by the clients and how they get access to their respective databases the way they want i.e. from having an all-round admin access for complete control to only read-only access for Select queries. We will also throw some light on the Query Analyzer tool that has helped developers identify and fix their slow queries. Lastly, a brief about how the MySQL servers are highly available for the developers, which is achieved by the MySQL Orchestrator . With these tools in action, we provide the developers a managed MySQL experience at LinkedIn.
- How these tools make life of developers easy when they deal with MySQL
- How access for MySQL are managed efficiently
- How QAN adds value
- How the applications feel negligible glitch when a primary host goes down and is failed over to a replica by orchestrator
- How we created a Managed MySQL Experience at LinkedIn
- QAN is open sourced
- Introduction (1 min)
- MySQL at LinkedIn (3 min)
- Basic Infrastructure
- Different types of use-cases we support
- How a DB is provisioned on MySQL (3 min)
- Access Management (6 min)
- Query Analyzer (6 min)
- HA powered by MySQL Orchestrator (5 min)
- Workflow in Motion (3 min)
- From provisioning to analysing queries
- Conclusion + Q&A (3 min)