The theme for September’s meet-up is build versus buy.
- A sponsored talk by Redis.
- Birds of Feather (BOF) session on the topic “Observability: build versus buy”. Sarika Atri, Abhay Rana, Bharat Joshi, Rishu Mehrotra and Shine will facilitate this BOF.
- A case study talk by MyDBOps on cost savings through resource consolidation, observability, and uninterrupted availability.
This is an in-person meet-up. The meet-up will be live streamed for Rootconf members.
This meet-up is supported by Rootconf members, through membership contributions and through sponsorship by Redis and MyDBOps.
The meet-up is free to attend.
25% seats will be reserved for Rootconf members (on first-come-first-serve basis). Members are encouraged to bring friends and colleagues who will benefit from this meet-up.
You can support this meet-up by picking up a membership here
MySQL database transformation case study: 80% cost savings through resource consolidation, observability, MySQL 8.0 upgrade, and uninterrupted availability.
In an era where data drives decisions and fuels innovation, the management of databases plays a pivotal role in an organization’s success. This presentation dives deep into a holistic approach to database management, covering four crucial aspects:
- Database Utilization Monitoring: Discover the importance of keeping a watchful eye on your database’s performance, exploring key metrics and tools for efficient monitoring.
- Cost Optimization via Resource Consolidation: Learn how to identify and eliminate resource inefficiencies within your database, resulting in substantial cost savings.
- Upgrading the Database to MySQL 8.0: Uncover the benefits and essential steps of migrating from end-of-life MySQL versions to the robust MySQL 8.0, ensuring your database stays current and secure.
- Ensuring Better High Availability: Explore strategies and technologies to guarantee uninterrupted database availability, even during unforeseen disruptions.
This talk aims to equip you with actionable insights and strategies to enhance your database’s performance, reduce costs, and ensure its continued reliability in a data-driven world. Join us as we embark on a journey towards database excellence.
Vinoth Kanna is co-founder at MYDBOPS.