About Rootconf Pune:
Rootconf Pune is a conference for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
- Network engineers
The Pune edition will cover talks on:
- InfoSec and application security for DevOps programmers
- DNS and TLS 1.3
- SRE and distributed systems
- Containers and scaling
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Red Hat, Trusting Social, Appsecco, InfraCloud Technologies, among others, will share case studies from their experiences of building security, SRE and Devops in their organizations.
Two workshops will be held before and after Rootconf Pune:
- Full-day Prometheus training workshop on 20 September, conducted by Goutham V, contributor to Prometheus and developer at Grafana Labs. Details about the workshop are available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-prometheus-training-pune/
- Full-day DNS deep dive workshop on 22 September by Ashwin Murali: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-dns-deep-dive-workshop-pune/
Rootconf Pune will be held on 21 September at St. Laurn Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune-411001.
Rootconf Pune 2019 sponsors:
To know more about Rootconf, check out the following resources:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scaling hotstar.com for 25 million concurrent viewers
The talk will focus on why traditional autoscaling doesn’t work for Hotstar (Disney’s OTT streaming service) who recently created a global record for live streaming to 25.3 million concurrent viewers. It will talk about challenges in scaling infrastructure for millions and how to overcome it, how we run gamedays before actual games, how we use load testing monster called Hulk to prepare for peak traffic and also how we add chaos (engineering) in between all these epic scale madness.
Why traditional autoscaling doesn’t work for Hotstar
Challenges in scaling
Gamedays and load testing for millions
How we prepare for peak traffic (50M)
Chaos engineering at high level
Gaurav is a Cloud Architect at Hotstar, India’s leading OTT provider that holds a global concurrency record for live streaming to 25Mn+ viewers. At Hotstar, he loves building cost-efficient infrastructure that can scale to millions in minutes. He is also passionate about chaos engineering and cloud security.