##About Rootconf 2018 and who should attend:
Rootconf is India’s best conference on DevOps, SRE and IT infrastructure. Rootconf attracts systems and operations engineers to share real-world knowledge about building reliable systems.
The 2018 edition is a single track conference. Day 1 – 10 May – features talks on security. Colin Charles (chief evangelist at Percona Foundation), Pukhraj Singh (former national cybersecurity manager at UIDAI), Shamim Reza (open source enthusiast), Alisha Gurung (network engineer at Bhutan Telecom) and Derick Thomas (former network engineer at VSNL and Airtel Bharti) will touch on important aspects of infrastructure, database, network and enterprise security.
Day 2 – 11 May – is filled with case studies and stories about legacy code, immutable infrastructure, root-cause analysis, handling dependencies and monitoring. Talks from Exotel, Kayako, Intuit, Helpshift, Digital Ocean, among others, will help you evaluate DevOps tools and architecture patterns.
If you are a:
- DevOps programmer
- Systems engineer
- VP of engineering
- IT manager
you should attend Rootconf.
- DevSec Ops
- Microservices - tooling, architecture, costs and culture
- Mistakes that startups make when planning infrastructure
- Handling technical debt
- How to plan a container strategy for your organization
- Evaluating AWS for scale
- Future of DevOps
Rootconf is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners.
The call for proposals is closed. If you are interested in speaking at Rootconf events in 2018, submit a proposal here: rootconf.talkfunnel.com/rootconf-round-the-year-2018/
NIMHANS Convention Centre, Lakkasandra, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.
For more information about Rootconf, sponsorships, outstation events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Partition tolerant, highly available redis cluster with haproxy
This talk will present how production engineering team at Helpshift achieved a partition tolerant, highly available redis cluster using redis sentinel and haproxy, without changing a single line of backend code
Following is a brief overview of what will be covered in the talk
- Overview of Redis Sentinel service for highly availability of redis master.
- Various approaches/caveats while architecting a partition tolerant, highly available redis cluster.
- How we achieved high availability of redis cluster using haproxy
- Various redis, redis sentinel and haproxy config tunings
I am part of the production engineering team at Helpshift. We are building a remarkable customer service platform using interesting tech and nifty hacks. My job requires me to design and automate production systems for reliability and performance. You can read more about me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/goyalayush/.
- My talk on “Ansible Workflows” at Pune Ansible Meetup (August 2017): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzWOn2xCwhiBMzBYMkdYVzZ1M3M/view?usp=sharing