About Rootconf 2018 and who should attend:
Rootconf is India’s best conference on DevOps, SRE and IT infrastructure. Rootconf attracts systems and operations engineers to share real-world knowledge about building reliable systems.
The 2018 edition is a single track conference. Day 1 – 10 May – features talks on security. Colin Charles (chief evangelist at Percona Foundation), Pukhraj Singh (former national cybersecurity manager at UIDAI), Shamim Reza (open source enthusiast), Alisha Gurung (network engineer at Bhutan Telecom) and Derick Thomas (former network engineer at VSNL and Airtel Bharti) will touch on important aspects of infrastructure, database, network and enterprise security.
Day 2 – 11 May – is filled with case studies and stories about legacy code, immutable infrastructure, root-cause analysis, handling dependencies and monitoring. Talks from Exotel, Kayako, Intuit, Helpshift, Digital Ocean, among others, will help you evaluate DevOps tools and architecture patterns.
If you are a:
- DevOps programmer
- Systems engineer
- VP of engineering
- IT manager
you should attend Rootconf.
Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions at Rootconf 2018 will cover the following topics:
- DevSec Ops
- Microservices - tooling, architecture, costs and culture
- Mistakes that startups make when planning infrastructure
- Handling technical debt
- How to plan a container strategy for your organization
- Evaluating AWS for scale
- Future of DevOps
Rootconf is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners.
The call for proposals is closed. If you are interested in speaking at Rootconf events in 2018, submit a proposal here: rootconf.talkfunnel.com/rootconf-round-the-year-2018/
NIMHANS Convention Centre, Lakkasandra, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.
Schedule, event details and tickets: https://rootconf.in/2018
For more information about Rootconf, sponsorships, outstation events, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
Kubernetes 201 Workshop
In 2017, Kubernetes had emerged as default choice of Container Orchestration. In 2017 Rootconf, we did a basic Kubernetes workshop. In this year’s workshop we’ll look at some of the advance topics of Kubernetes like RBAC, Ingress, Storage management, Monitoring etc.
- Quick review Kubernetes concepts
- Setup of all in one Kubernetes with Minikube or access to cloud setup would be provided
- Kubernetes Authentication process and Role Based Access Control
- Kubernetes Ingress and Service Mesh
- Storage (volume) management with Kubernetes
- ConfigMap and Secret Management
- Deploy a sample micro-service application
- Moniroing and Tracing of an microservices based application using Prometheus and OpenTracing
- Discussion about deploying Kubernetes in production
- Q & A
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes is required
- Access to a laptop/system with VirtualBox installed or a Linux VM
Neependra Khare is Founder and Principal Consultant at CloudYuga. CloudYuga provides training and consulting on Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, GO Programming etc. He is one of the Docker Captain as well and running Docker Meetup Group in Bangalore for 4 years. In 2015 he authored a book on Docker, Docker Cookbook. In 2016 he co-authored a course on Cloud Infrastructure Technologies at Edx for Linux Foundation. Last year he launched few container ralated courses, including Introduction to Kubernetes course on Edx for The Linux Foundation.