About Rootconf 2018 and who should attend:
Rootconf is India’s best conference on DevOps, SRE and IT infrastructure. Rootconf attracts systems and operations engineers to share real-world knowledge about building reliable systems.
The 2018 edition is a single track conference. Day 1 – 10 May – features talks on security. Colin Charles (chief evangelist at Percona Foundation), Pukhraj Singh (former national cybersecurity manager at UIDAI), Shamim Reza (open source enthusiast), Alisha Gurung (network engineer at Bhutan Telecom) and Derick Thomas (former network engineer at VSNL and Airtel Bharti) will touch on important aspects of infrastructure, database, network and enterprise security.
Day 2 – 11 May – is filled with case studies and stories about legacy code, immutable infrastructure, root-cause analysis, handling dependencies and monitoring. Talks from Exotel, Kayako, Intuit, Helpshift, Digital Ocean, among others, will help you evaluate DevOps tools and architecture patterns.
If you are a:
- DevOps programmer
- Systems engineer
- VP of engineering
- IT manager
you should attend Rootconf.
Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions at Rootconf 2018 will cover the following topics:
- DevSec Ops
- Microservices - tooling, architecture, costs and culture
- Mistakes that startups make when planning infrastructure
- Handling technical debt
- How to plan a container strategy for your organization
- Evaluating AWS for scale
- Future of DevOps
Rootconf is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners.
The call for proposals is closed. If you are interested in speaking at Rootconf events in 2018, submit a proposal here: rootconf.talkfunnel.com/rootconf-round-the-year-2018/
NIMHANS Convention Centre, Lakkasandra, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.
Schedule, event details and tickets: https://rootconf.in/2018
For more information about Rootconf, sponsorships, outstation events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Growing with Elasticsearch
This talk presents how PowerToFly embraced ElasticSearch at a very early stage of its journey to provide search functionality on the website and how we leveraged it for distributed log monitoring for the dev team and business analytics for the higher management and cope up with growth to 1M users.
- The search for a search engine
- Journey with ElasticSearch
- from v1.4 - v6.2 during 2015 - 2018
- How Elastic stack had helped us solve diverse problems
- growing from few thousand users to 1M users (~25M docs)
- Goodness of ElasticSearch
- Log monitoring: From a (to-be-)paid solution to home grown Elastic stack based
- Analytics solution - discover and uncover in Kibana
- Architecture of our data pipelines involving Elastic Stack, few micro services and dozens of servers
- Performance tuning
- Monitoring and Securing ElasticSearch cluster
Here are the draft slides which will be improved upon.
familiarity of search engines would be beneficial.
Devi is an independent software consultant and trainer with an experience of more than 10 years in the industry. She has been working with PowerToFly as a lead developer/architect, since its inception. She has given a couple of talks at PyCon India before, which were well recieved.
She has done M.Tech in Computational Science from IISc, before which she tried out teaching mathematics.