##About Rootconf 2018 and who should attend:
Rootconf is India’s best conference on DevOps, SRE and IT infrastructure. Rootconf attracts systems and operations engineers to share real-world knowledge about building reliable systems.
The 2018 edition is a single track conference. Day 1 – 10 May – features talks on security. Colin Charles (chief evangelist at Percona Foundation), Pukhraj Singh (former national cybersecurity manager at UIDAI), Shamim Reza (open source enthusiast), Alisha Gurung (network engineer at Bhutan Telecom) and Derick Thomas (former network engineer at VSNL and Airtel Bharti) will touch on important aspects of infrastructure, database, network and enterprise security.
Day 2 – 11 May – is filled with case studies and stories about legacy code, immutable infrastructure, root-cause analysis, handling dependencies and monitoring. Talks from Exotel, Kayako, Intuit, Helpshift, Digital Ocean, among others, will help you evaluate DevOps tools and architecture patterns.
If you are a:
- DevOps programmer
- Systems engineer
- VP of engineering
- IT manager
you should attend Rootconf.
- DevSec Ops
- Microservices - tooling, architecture, costs and culture
- Mistakes that startups make when planning infrastructure
- Handling technical debt
- How to plan a container strategy for your organization
- Evaluating AWS for scale
- Future of DevOps
Rootconf is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners.
The call for proposals is closed. If you are interested in speaking at Rootconf events in 2018, submit a proposal here: rootconf.talkfunnel.com/rootconf-round-the-year-2018/
NIMHANS Convention Centre, Lakkasandra, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.
For more information about Rootconf, sponsorships, outstation events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Design and implement a scalable application using OpenFaaS with Docker and Kubernetes
- How infrastructure evolved from Data Center to functions
- When to think about designing functions (Important considerations - break event points, startup latency, complexity managing processes and many more)
- Principles & uses cases
- Emerging technologies in the area of functions from security, management, governance, data access, event management & platforms perspective
- Introduction to one of the platform and framework for functions - OpenFaaS
- Design principles/patterns from a functions perspective
We will build API’s for an e-commerce site (using OpenFaaS framework) and learn how to connect them via UI and scale this application using Docker & K8’s and touch up monitoring which is an in-built component of OpenFaaS.
Vivek is a tech enthusiast with over 11 years experience in the Software Industry. He is currently working as a Developer Advocate with DigitalOcean and has been a Technology Advisor to several tech startups. Previously he was Head of DevOps & QA at Blackbuck and was a DevOps Solution Architect at HCL (Australia) in client engagement and pre-sales roles. Vivek started his career with IBM Rational (INDIA Software Labs) and is passionate about working with software developer communities.