arrow_back Throttling requests before they hit your application
Growing with Elasticsearch
Submitted by Devi A S L (@asldevi) on Tuesday, 13 March 2018
This talk presents how PowerToFly embraced ElasticSearch at a very early stage of its journey to provide search functionality on the website and how we leveraged it for distributed log monitoring for the dev team and business analytics for the higher management and cope up with growth to 1M users.
- The search for a search engine
- Journey with ElasticSearch
- from v1.4 - v6.2 during 2015 - 2018
- How Elastic stack had helped us solve diverse problems
- growing from few thousand users to 1M users (~25M docs)
- Goodness of ElasticSearch
- Log monitoring: From a (to-be-)paid solution to home grown Elastic stack based
- Analytics solution - discover and uncover in Kibana
- Architecture of our data pipelines involving Elastic Stack, few micro services and dozens of servers
- Performance tuning
- Monitoring and Securing ElasticSearch cluster
Here are the draft slides which will be improved upon.
familiarity of search engines would be beneficial.
Devi is an independent software consultant and trainer with an experience of more than 10 years in the industry. She has been working with PowerToFly as a lead developer/architect, since its inception. She has given a couple of talks at PyCon India before, which were well recieved.
She has done M.Tech in Computational Science from IISc, before which she tried out teaching mathematics.