Lessons learned from 1 year of Kubernetes in production at Crowdfire
This crisp talk is based on my personal experience working with Kubernetes running 50+ microservices. I will talk about key insights and pitfalls of running various container workloads on Kubernetes. This will help the members of the audience who are - either planning to, or already using Kubernetes - to make the most of it.
- Introduction [1 minute]
- About the topic
- About me
- Before Kubernetes [2 minutes]
- State of things before I started using Kubernetes
- Why it made sense to move to Kubernetes
- The Lessons [10 minutes]
- Service discovery (internal dns) pitfalls
- Are your apps Kubernetes-ready?
- Resource constraints
- Surviving failures
- Logging & Monitoring pitfalls
- Stateful applications
- Kubernetes Alpha resources
- Sticky sessions
- After Kubernetes (conclusion) [1 minute]
- Questions [1 minute]
Amanpreet is an engineer at Crowdfire & moonlights as a crowd entertainer. He’s an Open Source enthusiast who loves Go & can eat-drink-sleep Kubernetes.
He gained extensive knowledge of Kubernetes while handling the migration of infrastructure with 50+ microservices from traditional platforms to Kubernetes.