React and Vue are becoming increasingly popular for front-end application development.
The Pune edition is a single-day event for sharing:
- Practical insights on integrating React/Vue in front-end applications.
- Performance improvements with React/Vue.
- State management.
- New developments.
Participate in ReactFoo-VueDay as:
and discover your peers from the growing front-end community in India.
The Pune edition will be held on 29 February 2020 at MCCIA, Pune.
For inquiries about speaking/collaborating with ReactFoo, write to email@example.com
Speaker Travel Sponsor
Pros and cons of using React context API and hooks to manage state instead of Redux
The front-end universe is expanding exponentially and there are a bunch of options to choose from in every aspect of front-end development.
State management is the core part of front-end development.
This talk is for people who wants to compare various state management patterns and when to use what.
The talk will be broken down in the following:
- Why state management is required?
- Brief intro of redux.
- Benefits of redux.
- Problems with redux.
- When to use the Context API instead of redux.
- How to scale the Context API using hooks.
The target audience are people who have built a few apps in ReactJS and know the importance of state management.
They should have a basic understanding of redux since I will be comparing it with Context API + hooks.
Basic knowledge of hooks and context API will be good to have.
Hi there, I am Rahul. I work at Google as a UX Engineer.
I love coding and solving complex problems with easy solutions. I have 5+ years of industry experience in building Web/Mobile apps.
Open Source Contributions:
- I have co-authored a book on React Native called React Made Native Easy. It is an open source book and can be found here: www.reactnative.guide.
- I conducted a workshop for react-native in a famous community called JSFoo on 29th October. Its was a 5 hours hands-on workshop. We had 30+ attendees. Here is the link to the workshop: https://reactfoo.in/2017-react-native-workshop/ Slides: http://slides.com/rahulgaba/react-native#/
- I am an active open source contributor and regularly publish modules for react, react-native and AngularJS.
- I like blogging and also publish my findings and side projects via my tech blog - http://rahulgaba.com/
My github profile - https://github.com/rgabs/
You can find more of my work here: http://rahulgaba.com