About ReactFoo Mumbai
- Latest features of React
- Webpack, GraphQL and Apollo
- React Native
- Front-end workflows and design systems
- CSS and React
ReactFoo Mumbai is a single-day event with full-length and crisp talks, and Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions on how to grow your career as a front-end engineer, and on state management.
On 27 May, we are hosting a hands-on workshop on GraphQL and Apollo conducted by Kiran Abburi. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- Front-end engineers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
If you are attending ReactFoo Mumbai, submit a flash talk – of 5 mins – about a project you are working on or a tool you have discovered and that you’d like the community to benefit from.
ReactFoo Mumbai conference – 26 May 2018 at ISDI DICE, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
GraphQL and Apollo workshop – on 27 May 2018 at Endurance International, Goregaon, Mumbai
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-mumbai/
Why we should use React Canvas
My main focus is to show how react canvas can be used to optimize scrolling performance and avoid the jank which we experience while showing complex animations on mobile web. I would go through the problems we face while currently doing complex animations, and how we can use react canvas together with our other components to optimize rendering performance and get a seamless native like experience on moile web.
I would address on the following things:
1) The jank problem on the web while doing animations.
2) How we can optimize the scrolling performance.
3) How React Canvas does it.
4) Benefits of React Canvas.
5) When to use it?
7) Alternative libraries which lets you play with the canvas.
7) Demo - The scenario at Bookmyshow where we would be using react canvas to solve our problem of user experiencing a jank when he/she tries to scroll through very big seat layout for boooking.