Uniting react, redux and node Js with Typescript
This is an introductory level talk to help people understand
1. what typescript is.
2. who uses it.
3. how it aides to faster development.
4. code maintainability and quality with typescript.
5. how full stack engineers can leverage typescript at backend and frontend.
This talk would cover the following topics
- Setting up react, redux project with webpack and typescript (includes all the dev tools like react hot reload, VS code plugins etc).
We would quickly go through the project setup, typescript config files, webpack plugins and setup a hello world project.
- Building components with react-typescript.
I’ll start the demo by creating few simple components with typescript and extend them to show how component compositions and integrations with redux happens.
- How typescript makes it easy to refactor and maintain code.
We will then refactor the components we previously created and add new features to it. This will demonstrate how typescript makes agile developemnt easy and fun.
- Share the best practices we have adopted over the years.
A list of conventions and practices we have adopted for in our team and how it has helped us to boost our productivity.
- For full stack engineers - How typescript makes it easy to integrate the backend and frontend.
Keeping the APIs and the UI in sync as we iterate over the product is a big challenge in itself. With typescript, we can clearly define the mandatory fields, data types of the field, object composition etc to make this proess efficient.
Arjun is a founding member and a senior software engineer at Velotio Technologies, Pune. He leads multiple projects at Velotio technologies and focuses on setting up and growing the agile teams in the company. He is a full stack engineer working primarily with Node and React Js and has worked with Python, Java and Ruby in the past for his projects at Seagate and other companies. He has also worked with different technologies like Botkit, Rasa-NLU, docker, kubernetes, chef and therby brings a vast amount of experience and expertise in multiple domains like SaaS, chat bots, NLU, Cloud and infrastructue.