Developing Scalable Apps in Python with Google App Engine
You will learn about challenges of building applications that can serve hundreds of thousands of users, and how you can prepare for them as a developer. And more importantly - you will learn how to harness the power of App Engine - Platform as a Service, run by Google, so you can focus on your application’s features, not on managing infrastructure that runs your app. Let Google run and scale the infrastructure and do what you do best - write code!
- How and why server racks were invented.
- Problems that you have to solve if you scale your app by yourself.
- Learn about a better way.
Getting Started with app engine
- Introduction to google app engine
- Set up your first App Engine project and learn how to define Cloud Endpoints.
- Start the project app - Conference Central and add authentication and user profiles.
Storing and Retrieving Data
- One of the most important things you want to do in your app is storing data.
- Add the ability to store and retrieve user profiles and conferences to the project app.
- Learn more about how Datastore works, including queries, filters, indexes and transactions.
- Add different ways to query conferences.
- Working Installtion of Python 3.5
- Google Cloud SDK : https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/
- A github account and working installation of git.
- Text Editor like vim/sublime text/atom (No IDE).
Smit Thakkar is a Software Developer, currently leading the development of a robot-advisor platform at LendCypher. Perviously he was a Technical Co-Founder at Punchit.io. As an avid speaker, Smit has participated in multiple Meetups and tech events. One of his most noted and major public key speaking experiences are Angular2 session at GDG Devfest Ahmedabad and a two-day Python workshop at DAIICT, which was attended by more than 200 students. He has been programming since 9th Grade and is eager to spread love and awareness about open source and cool technologies through like-minded developers. He is the author of an open source Flask extension Flask-NSFW that acts as middleware filter which blocks the NSFW content coming to the server. He loves participating in Hackathons and listening to Taylor Swift, not necessarily in that order.