Processing Community Day (PCD) is an inclusive community conference for anyone interested in creative coding whether you are an artist, designer, programmer, student, or teacher. The event celebrates and furthers generative art and creative computation.
Processing aims to make creative coding a skill easily accessible and available, especially to communities who lack access to such resources.
PCD provides a platform for people to learn and grow together and to connect with each other, bridging gaps across not just technology but also across many diverse communities.
What is Processing
Processing is a free, open-source software platform for learning how to code using visual art. It was created by Casey Reas and Ben Fry in 2001. It includes a web implementation called p5.js, a Python based implementation Processing.py, Processing for Android, and Processing for RaspberryPi. Processing and its other implementations are maintained by The Processing Foundation and are used by a global community of artists, designers, educators, and programmers.
Date and Time:
Saturday 8th August, 2020 3:00PM to 7:00PM
- The talks will be livestreamed on Youtube for anyone to view.
- The QnA for the talks will happen over at Discord, accessible to registered participants.
- Apart from the QnA, Discord will serve as a medium for participants to interact with the speakers, and with each other.
- To facilitate these interactions we will have Discord voice channels, where participants can join in for a casual fireside chat as a group.
Why join us
- Unique chance to interact with new media artists who use code to build their artworks.
- Learn how they got started in the field, and things to keep in mind as a beginner.
- Discover the best tools and practices in the field directly from the experts.
- Meet other enthusiasts who have been meaning to get started in creative coding.
- Grow your network, and find opportinities to collaborate on projects.
Trans disciplinary Designer | Technologist | Partner at Digital Jalebi
Product Manager | Design led Innovator | AR , VR , AI, Gestures, Voice | Generative Design
Designer and Technologist
Creative Technologist & Software Developer
Product Manager and Prototype Specialist
Independent Design Professional
Curator, Producer, Performer, Instructor at Algorave India
Co-founder and CTO, Drona Aviation
Architect | Computational designer | Generative Artist
Creative technologist | Designer | Software Developer
Generative artist and Co-founder at Timeblur Studio
CoFounder & Creative Developer at Timeblur
Post-doctoral researcher at ITP, NYU