Saving Millions Using MicroInteractions
Our brains are trained to respond more intuitively to movement. Animations introduce these movements and play a crucial role in reducing user acquisition cost and increasing user retention rate.
With the use of SVG’s these animations can be given a new dimension known as MicroInteraction. When we make a microinteraction, we can guide our viewers with informative UX patterns, as well as create engaging and interactive experiences.
The GreenSock Animation API suits the best for making these microinteractions. It helps us to create performant, complex and responsive animations very easily.
In this session, we will cover
- Concepts behind MicroInteractions
- Decreasing CAC and Increasing CRR
- Designing MicroInteraction using jQuery
- Stunning MicroInteractions with GreenSock API
- Designing Context-Shifting and Reactive MicroInteractions using GreenSock
Note: CAC : Customer Acquisition Cost ; CRR: Customer Retention Rate
Aayush Arora is an Open Source Enthusiast, contributor and member of organisations like NASA, CloudCV, FOSSASIA and OpenDesign. He is a technical instructor at Coding Blocks and a global mentor at Udacity for Frontend Development.
Aayush has taken workshops and sessions at global conferences and this year he was invited as one of the speakers at Google Singapore.
Apart from his daily job, he loves converting design thinking into stunning animations.
- Github: https://github.com/aayusharora
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angularboy/
- Previous Talks: FOSSASIA Summit, Singapore