Meta Refresh 2018 will cover four primary topics:
- User research and design – how user research is carried out and translated into design (whether engineering or designing user interactions).
- Design systems – how collaborations are being enabled between engineers and designers. Here, we are looking for case studies.
- Tooling for design systems – share your experiences (and evaluations) of open source tools for design systems.
- Why the boundaries between UI and UX are not the way to proceed for design and designers.
Criteria to submit a conference proposal
You must be a practising web developer or designer, and must be able to show how your own work has advanced the state of the web in the past year. You are expected to present original work that your peers — this event’s audience — recognise as being notable enough to deserve a stage. If you are excited about someone’s work and believe it deserves wider recognition, we recommend you contact them and ask them to submit a proposal.
Guidelines for submission
Every proposal MUST be accompanied by:
- A two minute preview video where the proposer gives an elevator pitch about the talk.
- Detailed outline of the talk – either in the form of draft slides, mind map and/or textual description.
- If you are proposing to speak on a topic where the code is not open-sourced yet, the editorial panel will consider your proposal only if the code is made open-source at least three weeks before the conference.
Without the above information, your proposal will not be considered for review.
If you are submitting a Workshop Proposal, you must clearly state:
- Background knowledge that participants must possess in order to attend your workshop.
- Details and links to software / packages which participants must install before coming to the workshop.
- Laptop configuration.
- Links to background reading material and GitHub repos.
- Duration of the workshop.
- Maximum number of participants who can attend your workshop.
- Instructor’s past experience with conducting workshops.
There is only one speaker per session. Workshops can have more two or more instructors.
Entry is free for confirmed speakers.
If you are an outstation speaker, HasGeek will do its best to provide a grant that covers part of your travel and accommodation expenses in Bangalore, subject to budgetary constraints.
The 2018 edition is a multi-track event with the following session formats:
- Full length talks of 40 minutes
- Crisp talk of 15 minutes
- Workshops of 3-6 hours
- Off the Record sessions (OTR)
Deadline for submitting proposals: TBD
Conference date: 26-27 October, 2018
Meta Refresh will be held at the NIMHANS Convention Center, Bangalore
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +9107676332020
Saving Millions Using MicroInteractions
Our brains are trained to respond more intuitively to movement. Animations introduce these movements and play a crucial role in reducing user acquisition cost and increasing user retention rate.
With the use of SVG’s these animations can be given a new dimension known as MicroInteraction. When we make a microinteraction, we can guide our viewers with informative UX patterns, as well as create engaging and interactive experiences.
The GreenSock Animation API suits the best for making these microinteractions. It helps us to create performant, complex and responsive animations very easily.
In this session, we will cover
- Concepts behind MicroInteractions
- Decreasing CAC and Increasing CRR
- Designing MicroInteraction using jQuery
- Stunning MicroInteractions with GreenSock API
- Designing Context-Shifting and Reactive MicroInteractions using GreenSock
Note: CAC : Customer Acquisition Cost ; CRR: Customer Retention Rate
Aayush Arora is an Open Source Enthusiast, contributor and member of organisations like NASA, CloudCV, FOSSASIA and OpenDesign. He is a technical instructor at Coding Blocks and a global mentor at Udacity for Frontend Development.
Aayush has taken workshops and sessions at global conferences and this year he was invited as one of the speakers at Google Singapore.
Apart from his daily job, he loves converting design thinking into stunning animations.
- Github: https://github.com/aayusharora
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angularboy/
- Previous Talks: FOSSASIA Summit, Singapore