arrow_back Books + Browser + On/Offline = Reading Redefined
Data driven UX decisions arrow_forward
A front end architect's diary - Rebuilding FreeCharge.in web experience
Submitted by Harish Sivaramakrishnan on Thursday, 2 January 2014
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate
A step by step account on what went into designing and architecting the new FreeCharge.in web experience. This session will throw light into what went into building a single page web app right from design to code to test.
The session will broadly cover -
- The design process - key considerations and how it evolved.
- Choosing the front end stack
- Building a true, full responsive experience
- How many browsers can we realistically support?
- Addressing the performance demons
- The BIG SEO question
- The mistakes, the learnings
- The steps forward
Broadly, this session is an honest take at what it means to rebuild a system ground up using modern web standards.
Harish is presently the head of Front End Engineering & UX @FreeCharge and Musican at @agamlive. Previously - Front End & UX architect @Myntra, Web and Open Standards Evangelist @Adobe. Overall nice guy.