To educate and inspire people on the open-source mindset.
Open-source has the potential to change the world. It isn’t just about putting code on github, but about improving the foundations that the world is built upon - something that can only be done together, through sharing, collaboration, joy and enthusiasm.
- Should we open-source? Is it just a fad or does it go back further?
- Why are we already doing open-source? Why are people driven to release their stuff for free and help each other out?
- Why do companies open-source? Isn’t open-source risky? What about their business value? Could open-source actually be beneficial commercially?
- Why are closed-sourced mindsets becoming outdated in this modern world? Why are patent lawsuits prolific? Is this a dying trend, what causes this?
- Why send pull requests, and why github verse the others?
- And most importantly, why you?
Alive humans would be nice, dogs will also do.