Ext JS - A Comprehensive Design framework for the web
Web and Mobile application interfaces have been going through a massive overhaul over the past couple of years. Web developers around the world have been relentlessly launching one great platform after another – Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery UI/jQtouch, Lungo, Ext JS to name a few.
Sencha happens to be one of the most aggressive players in this space having recently launched their flagship Ext JS and Touch offerings. But what exactly is different about these frameworks? What has the nature of this overhaul been? While Sencha and its customers claim massive improvements, where are these coming from and most importantly, what can this powerful framework do for you?
These are just some of the questions that will be answered in the powerpacked “Sencha Ext JS 4.x unleashed” session. A combination of demos, historical perspective and humorous anecdotes will clarify the significance of this comprehensive web dev offering.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered in the session -
- Overview of Ext JS framework
- Capabilities and improvements over previous versions.
- User interface design best practices as supported by Ext JS.
- To MVC or not, what do web devs say about Sencha’s approach.
- Data driven applications.
- HTML5 and Ext JS – can they co-exist?
- My Client is a IE 6 fan, what can Ext JS do for me?
- The Desktop vs Mobile debate, are we headed for gentle synergy or a head-on train wreck?
Since the session involves live demos and an accompanying lecture, the participants need not bring anything extra to the session. A laptop to live-tweet some of the salient points would be good though! :)
Over the past year he has been training TechM colleagues in a variety of different frameworks and languages such as PHP, HTML5, jQuery, Ext JS and Git. while also contributing to the development efforts of inhouse learning management systems.