The origin of electronic payments in subsidies in India does not start with the Direct Benefit Transfer programme but its roots are in Electronic Benefit Transfer programs initiated in year 2006 within erstwhile state of Andhra Pradesh. This session will focus on the early experiments of electronic subsidy transfers and the challenges that emerged in its implementations. It will look into the reports and evaluations of these experiments and how they led to the creation of Direct Benefit Transfer.
A detailed study of Direct Benefit Transfer payment system architecture will be presented part of Cashless Consumer StudyCircle on 25th July
Join the session via zoom https://zoom.us/j/97948607557?pwd=MlhkVFVpTS9sT1lNQ3VHT243ckJ4QT09 or watch the livestream on YouTube.
Who should participate:
- Policy researchers
- Journalists covering technology issues
1. RBI Report of the Working Group on Standards for Raw Images of fingerprints for Public Comments
2. RBI Report of the Committee on Suggesting a Framework for Electronic Benefit Transfer
3. Introduction of Financial Inclusion Programme for using the Smart Card Technology in Andhra Pradesh Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (APREGS) and Social Security Pensions Scheme (SSPS)- Pilot Project
4. National Institute of Smart Governance Evaluation of Smart Card Pilot Project in Andhra Pradesh
Share your questions before the event by posting on the comments section.
About Kaarana: Kaarana community investigates the impact of technology on society. In the past, Kaarana community has examined the claims, realities and rationale of Aadhaar and digital India.
Follow Kaarana’s blog: https://medium.com/karana | Twitter : https://twitter.com/kaarana_
Join Kaarana’s Telegram group to continue conversations: https://t.me/kaarana
Watch videos of previous Kaarana events on: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL279M8GbNsevu45saFnJGx_-Yv1CyDtV-