React, D3 and their ecosystem
React and D3 are UI tools designed for goals that sometimes collide. Both take control of the DOM in different ways. How can we make them work together?
We will see how to build React projects with the power of D3, using different techniques and the best libraries for your work or side projects.
- D3 v4
- Explain enter-update-exit
- Current D3 projects
- Explain React mechanism
- Conceptual Approaches
- Pragmatic Considerations
- Current React-d3 projects
- Advice for different project types
Marcos Iglesias is a Senior Software Engineer who builds compelling user interfaces at Eventbrite. Marcos is passionate about creating stunning data visualizations and dashboards using D3 and Frontend technologies like ES2015, React, Redux and Webpack.
On top of all that, he enjoys writing about software, giving talks and maintaining Britecharts, the open source charting library.
- The content of this talk was published as an article in Smashing Magazine: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/02/react-d3-ecosystem/
- Here is a recording of the first time I gave this talk: https://youtu.be/xGQtHckAauQ?t=30m56s