Submit talks and workshops on:
- Full stack engineering
- Architecture approaches and case studies
- Web development
We will find a forum to place your talk, any time during the year.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020
Performance Budgets: The what, why and how
Technical level: Beginner
Are too many design and product considerations bringing you down? Learn how to simplify the conversation around feature development with Performance Budgets! In this talk, you’ll hear about why they are useful, how to set them up, track them and use them to keep your site performance under control!
- Problem statement
- What is a Performance Budget?
- Why use Performance Budgets?
- Web Engineers
- Product Managers
- Engineering Managers
- How to use Performance Budgets
- Setting Performance Budgets
- Choosing values
- Examples of Performance Budgets
- Tracking Performance Budgets
Marcos Iglesias is a Senior Software Engineer who builds compelling user interfaces at Eventbrite. Marcos is passionate about improving web performance, setting performance budgets and tracking them because “web performance matters!”
On top of all that, he enjoys writing about software, giving talks and maintaining Britecharts, the open source charting library.
- The content of this talk has been published as an ebook by Heart Internet: https://www.heartinternet.uk/blog/build-faster-websites-free-ebook-download/ and
- and it was mentioned as a resource for the latest article of Addy Osmany about Performance Budgets.