Add audio to your webapps and learn to make them more immersive.
How many of you can code?
How many of you can play a musical instrument?
Did you just put down you hand?
Let me introduce Chrome WebAudio API.
This will be a live hands-on session on creating music from within your browser.
I will go through the following concepts:
- How to play and control music using WebAudio API.
- How to add effects to music using Audio Filters.
- 3D sound Panning, Crossfading and more.
- Learn when and where can you use this API.
Your laptop with chrome browser.
Bring your favourite music too.
I design interfaces, learning illustration and making little progress with my comic book on GIT.
- Useful Links and Resources
- Web Audio Developers Community : http://bit.ly/1eRlCpJ
- Web Audio Documentation : http://bit.ly/169tvjm
- About Scheduling : http://bit.ly/15oh0jR
- Getting Started with Web Audio API : http://bit.ly/17YL9tm
- Web Audio API MDN : http://mzl.la/15QFTZm
- Case-study: JAM with Chrome - How we made the audio rock : http://bit.ly/18mhv1O
- Developing Game Audio with the Web Audio API : http://bit.ly/16W35W3
- Mixing Positional Audio and WebGL : http://bit.ly/1gVhnaL
- Chris Wilson : @cwilso , github/cwilso
- Stuart Memo : @stuartmemo , github/stuartmemo
- Boris Smus : @borismus , github/borismus
- Web Audio API, by Boris Smus :http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000001552
- Electric Guitar Interaction : https://github.com/jaisonjustus/muse
- 3D Audio Panning : https://github.com/jaisonjustus/3DAudioPanning