Talks which demonstrate innovation at either a technical or "best practice" level will be given preference. Your creation does not necessarily have to be in production, but we will insist on it being something more significant than a cool ten-line function you came up with (unless that function allowed you to control sharks fitted with lasers or something).
JSFoo 2013 is a single-track event. We invite proposals for:
- full-length 40-minute proposal
- a crisp 15-minute presentation
- sponsored sessions, 40 minute duration
- flash talks of 5 minutes duration. Submissions for flash talks will be opened one week before the event
- Hands-on sessions ranging from two to six hours on JS libraries, frameworks and tools. These proposals will be categorized as workshops
Commitment to open source
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a piece of technology, we'd like it to be available under a permissive open source license.
If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licenses (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognize that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
You can submit a proposal to speak at JSFoo 2013 via the submission funnel below. Please describe your proposal in as much detail as possible. Detail is important if you'd like to be voted up into the schedule. In particular, we want to hear why you are the best person to be delivering a talk on your proposed topic. Provide links to previous talks and presentations you've done. This will help attendees and the programme committee in evaluating your proposal.
Making a funnel submission does not guarantee final selection.
Voting is open to attendees who have purchased event tickets. If there is a proposal you find notable, please vote for it and leave a comment to initiate discussions. Your vote will be reflected immediately, but will be counted towards selections only if you purchase a ticket. Proposals will also be evaluated by a program committee consisting of:
- Sunil Pai, Myntra
- Rakesh Pai, Errorception
- Barbara Maim, BangaloreJS and Minsh
- Jonathan Maim, BangaloreJS and Minsh
- Rajasekharan Vengalil (Raj), Microsoft
- Vishal Parpia, ActivElement
Proposers must submit presentation drafts as part of the selection process to ensure that the talk is in line with the original proposal, and to help the program committee build a strong line-up for the event.
There is only one speaker per session. Attendance is free for selected speakers. HasGeek will cover your travel to and accommodation in Bangalore from anywhere in the world. As our budget is limited, we will prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. If you are able to raise support for your trip, we will count that as speaker travel sponsorship.
If your proposal is not accepted, you can buy a ticket at the same rate as was available on the day you proposed. We’ll send you a code.
The program committee will announce the first round of selected proposals by 15th August and a second round by 2nd September. We will finalize the schedule by 7th September. The funnel will close on 25th August. The event is on 20th and 21st September 2013.
I intend to share, how did we go about doing this and some of our learnings.
1. Create native user interface and yet with elegant architecture have reusable controllers and logic behind the scenes.
I intend to share:
1. A glimpse into this architecture.
3. Possibilities around extension of the architecture to leverage it across multiple digital channel.
4. And while building native apps for mobile platforms how to build a mobile web site that comes at much reduced cost.
5. Single page architecture of mobile web app, that makes all the magic possible
I would assume a fair understanding of following concepts:
1. Underlying concept of single page architecture
2. Knowledge of MVC architecture pattern
I contribute to popular mobile development framework called Calatrava and maintain a bunch of open source project on my Github repository. I think I understand this domain and want to share all the learning thats I have garnered with my experience and insights.
I have been passionate about spreading my experiences and learning and have done so in past as events like Droidcon 2012 .