Handling multi-touch events/gestures on mobile/tablet devices
This workshop has been designed keeping following goals in mind:
1. Introduction to a jQuery plugin for abstracting the details and capturing more meaningful events.
2. Introduction to low-level touch/gesture events fired by browsers and working with those.
3. Using these to develop touch-responsive/gesture-friendly web apps.
This workshop will touch upon handling multi-finger gestures/events on mobile and tablet devices. A demo web-app will be provided before the workshop for a quick start during the workshop.
- A device that can run a web server capable of serving html pages and js files.
- An iOS/Android device with a touchscreen and a web browser.
I’m working at MobStac (http://mobstac.com) for the past 10 months and have worked quite extensively on TouchSite which is our touch-friendly product specially designed for tablets.
- To be added later.