We have closed submissions for Fragments Conf, Bangalore edition which will be held on 30 March. If you wish to submit a proposal for the conference, make a submission here.
Fragments is a conference on mobile engineering, including:
- State of platforms/OS
- Engineering approaches and paradigms
In 2019, Fragments is a traveling conference with editions in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and potentially Hyderabad and Kochi (in the second half of 2019).
Topics for submission:
We seek proposals – for short and long talks, Birds of Feather (BOF) session topics, and workshops + tutorials – on the following topics:
- Deep dive technical talks on Flutter.
- AR Core: practical approaches and the business use cases.
- Reducing app size to below 10MB and how to cater for lower-end phones.
- PWA caching strategies.
- ML Kit (ML Kit | Google Developers).
- On device ML.
- Server-side ML.
- Progressive ML, where the fallback is on-device ML when the device goes offline.
- Functional programming for mobile.
- Coroutines in Kotlin.
- Mobile specific user research.
- Case studies from teams which have switched away from cross platform approaches.
- Use cases for which Native apps work versus use cases where it doesn’t make sense to build Native apps.
- Deep dive talks on performance.
- Optimising for lower-end hardware.
- Future of chatbots for conversations on mobile.
- Automating design to code.
If you have questions/queries, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
RecyclerListView - Enabling high performance scrolling
Recycler List View is a highly performant list view that was built by Flipkart engineering to address the lack of great listviews in the React Native community. The talk will be about the need to build one and how we extended the solution to the web and made it truly cross platform. We will also talk about how this listview simplifies your development process given its support for complex layouts, context preservation and progressive rendering out of the box.
Achieving 60fps with recycling
Progressive rendering made easy
Cross platform component (Android/iOS/Web)
Staggered Grid Layout Support
Leading cross platform team at Flipkart. Working on build products and cross platform tools.