##We have closed submissions for Fragments Conf, Bangalore edition which will be held on 30 March. If you wish to submit a proposal for the conference, make a submission here.
Fragments is a conference on mobile engineering, including:
- State of platforms/OS
- Engineering approaches and paradigms
In 2019, Fragments is a traveling conference with editions in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and potentially Hyderabad and Kochi (in the second half of 2019).
##Topics for submission:
We seek proposals -- for short and long talks, Birds of Feather (BOF) session topics, and workshops + tutorials -- on the following topics:
- Deep dive technical talks on Flutter.
- AR Core: practical approaches and the business use cases.
- Reducing app size to below 10MB and how to cater for lower-end phones.
- PWA caching strategies.
- ML Kit (ML Kit | Google Developers).
- On device ML.
- Server-side ML.
- Progressive ML, where the fallback is on-device ML when the device goes offline.
- Functional programming for mobile.
- Coroutines in Kotlin.
- Mobile specific user research.
- Case studies from teams which have switched away from cross platform approaches.
- Use cases for which Native apps work versus use cases where it doesn’t make sense to build Native apps.
- Deep dive talks on performance.
- Optimising for lower-end hardware.
- Future of chatbots for conversations on mobile.
- Automating design to code.
If you have questions/queries, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many books , articles and paper publications about Android and related applications but only few are related to how Android operating system works internally.The topics I would be covering are Android bootup process ,an overview of zygote , systemserver and how package manager works . I will also discuss about what exists inside an akp file,how an application is started when you click on the application icon on your home screen. This talk will be extremely helpful to foster understanding among new android developers about Android Internals as well as everybody else who desires a general understanding of the internal working of Android powered devices.
- BootUp Process will be discussed in detail (Each component invloved) - Kernel , Init , Zygote , System Server
- System Server starts all system services . I will be discussing about ActivityManagerService and PackageManagerService in details
- How ActivityManagerService launches a new application and how processes are killed in Android when device is on low memory .
- How PackageManagerService parses an apk and optimizes it to decrease the launch time of applications .
- How PackageInstaller handles installation of apps when installed via side loading
Check the below draft slides :
Rajesh Khetan is working as software engineer at Harman Connected Services .His focus is on Android system framework development for infotainment systems with an emphasis on increasing the boot time and performance of android for automotive domain .His background and interests span android application , framework development and web development .He has given talk on Android Internals at Google DevFest 2018