Prophet: Great service experience through right technician allocation
Jeeves-F1, the service arm of Flipkart, is of strategic importance, since our technicians have the longest touch point with the customers. This session will cover how ‘Prophet’, our allocation system ensures great customer experience by assigning the right engineer for each job.
Allocating service tickets to technicians is a complex problem, requiring matching on multiple dimensions -
- Customer: his location, availability, history and preferences,
- Product: specific atrributes, special treatment (ex features to be demo’ed) and
- Business Rules: constraints in terms of when technicians can visit, preferntial treatment for Plus customers etc.
- Technicians: skill sets, profeciency in each skill, his productivity, pincodes they can cover and their availability
- Ticket: service required, promised date, age
- Ground realities: traffic and commute time, routes etc
Prophet, the allocation system at Jeeves-F1 solves for this at scale and helps in enuring great customer experience, reduction in allocation time, improvement in speed of service, reduction in breach and extent of breach and cost savings per ticket.
Jayaram is a Director of Products at Flipkart and heads the Products team at Jeeves-F1, working on multiple challenges to ensure great service experience. He has around 17 yrs of Products experience and around 10 yrs in the service domain.