Today's event starts at 4 PM We will start today’s in-person event at 4 PM - https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/designing-for-data-ownership/schedule/ more
Regulatory approaches towards data governance have made it an important part of business strategy. Now businesses are required to look at robust processes which enable reusing datasets while aligning contexts and good data ownership. The Data Mesh enterprise data platform architecture allows businesses to meet these goals while dealing with the operational challenges of domain driven large datasets.
As more organizations combine enterprise data with personal data to provide bespoke experiences for the consumers, it is also necessary to look at the evolution of the approaches when it comes to the management of the personal data of the individual. How are the attributes of privacy, control, security and transparency of use capable of being embedded into data exchange mechanisms? A more human-centric approach to management of personal data empowers the individual and it is necessary to consider this when reviewing the data economy approach.
These two topics are especially relevant in context of regulatory environment in India - through the draft Digital Personal Data Protection (DPDP) Bill as well as the additional approaches around data exchange to stimulate business opportunities in sectors like finance, education, health and others.
Key takeaways for participants #
- Acquire an understanding of two important approaches towards data governance - MyData Operators and Data Mesh frameworks.
- Create strategic initiatives which are focused on data-centric risk management at organizations.
- Get an introduction to MyData Operators, and how it has been adopted by enterprises.
Who should attend? #
- IT architects
- Enterprise Data Architects
- Software Developers
- Researchers - privacy, ethics and rights
- Public Policy specialists
About the speakers #
- Vanya Seth is Head of Technology and Principal Consultant at Thoughtworks India.
- Lal Chandran is co-founder and CTO at iGrant.io. iGrant.io is a consented personal data exchange platform that unlocks the value of personal data for both organisations and individuals
- George J Padayatti is head of DevOps at iGrant.io
This meetup is free to attend. RSVP to participate. Purchase a subscription to The Fifth Elephant’s community activities.
COVID protocols and masking policy for meetings held in-person: In keeping with COVID protocols, the following is applicable to all participants:
- Participants attending the meetups in person must keep their vaccination certificate handy. The venue may ask you to show your vaccination certificate as proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Wearing masks is optional.
Code of Conduct: Hasgeek’s Code of Conduct applies to all participants and speakers.
Contact information: For queries about the meetup, contact Hasgeek at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (91)7676332020.