Venue and logistics information - The Fifth Elephant 2023 winter edition conference This update is for participants only
The Fifth Elephant 2023 Winter edition will cover topics on the research, engineering, and business aspects of AI, exploring the practical implementation and economic implications of these systems.
In 2020, OpenAI released a Large Language Model (LLM) called GPT3 which has a billion parameters. With a minimal and intuitive user interface which was released to go with GPT3, it caught the imagination and attention of AI communities and researchers all over the world.
One by one, the domain use cases such as co-pilots for coding, creative AI, and other downstream tasks were shown to be fast-tracked by GenerativeAI models and LLMs. As such, there is a wide-ranging interest in large language models and applications around them for various domains and use cases in the AI space. Experiments which aim to find optimal hyperparameters, and those dealing with underfitting and overfitting models are being carried out regularly; more and more barriers are being broken down every day.
The winter edition of The Fifth Elephant will showcase talks, discussions and demos across generative and multimodal AI, and other classic AI/ML/DL applications on the below themes.
Share approaches and case studies covering the following use cases:
- Products and platforms using LLMs, GenerativeAI, ML, and Deep Learning techniques, and business formulation around AI engineering.
- Conversational AI and search, automatic speech recognition, healthcare, e-commerce, fintech, media and OTT, and other verticals.
- Multilingual needs in India in digital products/platforms - features discussions, models training, finetuning, RLHF, RAGs, quantization techniques, dataset curation and augmentations, challenges faced in pipelines, evaluation metrics, future roadmaps, applications such as multilingual voice bots using ASR/STT, text to speech for accessibility.
Share case studies and experiential talks on handling the operations for data science such as scaling challenges and fine-tuning challenges, and lessons learned, and best practices for incorporating ethics, safety, and bias.
Show demos on features/products which leverage AI and LLM-based APIs and models. It can be from creative AI, generative AI space, and various verticals with relevant use cases.
The December edition will be held in-person. Attendance is open to The Fifth Elephant members only. Pick a membership to attend the in-person conference, and to support The Fifth Elephant’s community activities.
- AI/ML/Data Science Ops engineers who want to learn about state-of-the-art tools and techniques, especially from domains such as health care, e-commerce, automobile, agri-tech and industrial verticals
- Data scientists who want a deeper understanding of model deployment/governance.
- Architects who are building ML workflows that scale.
- Tech founders and CTOs who are building products and platforms that leverage AI, ML and LLMs
- Product managers, who want to learn about the process of building AI/ML products.
- Directors, VPs and senior tech leadership who are building AI/ML teams.
Sponsorship slots are open for:
- Infrastructure (GPU, CPU and cloud providers) and developer productivity tool makers who want to evangelise their offering to developers and decision-makers.
- Companies who want to do tech branding among AI and ML developers.
- Venture Capital (VC) firms and investors who want to scan the landscape of innovations and innovators in AI and who want to source leads for investment in the AI and ML space.
If you are interested in sponsoring The Fifth Elephant, email email@example.com.
Rapidly transform into a Generative AI infused IT organization
Generative AI has become a key driver for change in every IT organization today. At AMD, we have successfully deployed production use AI applications with executive support from our CIO, the Business, and our Engineering leadership. In this talk, we will describe how we adopted GenAI into our AI stacks. We will share our experience in selecting the right hardware/software/partners, skilling our teams for GenAI, and success metrics.
AI has already transformed our lives with Machine Learning. Classic ML continues to be a critical infrastructure for reliable, stable solutions with predictive power in many areas that exceed human level.
Generative AI, specifically transformer based LLMs, have exponentially accelerated our ability to use artificial intelligence in areas where problems are conversational, exploratory, creative, and assistance to fact based reasoning by humans. The key change is the ability for talent of all types, not just technologists and scientists, to be able to access AI in simple ways. This is a shift that can only get better with our collective efforts.
There is a worldwide energy and innovation that is focused not only on mastery of these new AI techniques, but also making it more accessible to people who do not have bleeding edge resources.
How did we move our AI needle?
- Recognition of the shift - all levels of organization
- Executive vision and accelerated support for initiatives
- Framework for evaluating AI projects (ML/AI decision making process)
- Partner selection, Skilling, Training
- Metrics for success
- A working GenAI stack based on SaaS and responsible-AI compliance
- Building your private GenAI stack for specific internal use cases
- Deployments of LLM, VectorDB, API gateways and Fine-tuning/RAG toolset
- Patterns for Successful use cases
- Handling Challenging use cases
- How we can help you