- Talks from the healthcare sector
- Cutting edge developments with hardware and AI
- AI and risk mitigation
The December edition will be held in-person. Attendance is open to The Fifth Elephant members only. Purchase a membership to attend in-person conference.
- Data/MLOps engineers who want to learn about state-of-the-art tools and techniques, especially from domains such as automobile, agri-tech and mechanical industries.
- Data scientists who want a deeper understanding of model deployment/governance.
- Architects who are building ML workflows that scale.
- Tech founders who are building products that require AI or ML.
- Product managers, who want to learn about the process of building AI/ML products.
- Directors, VPs and senior tech leadership who are building AI/ML teams.
Sponsorship slots are open for:
- Infrastructure (GPU, CPU and cloud providers) and developer productivity tool makers who want to evangelise their offering to developers and decision-makers.
- Companies seeking tech branding among AI and ML developers.
- Venture Capital (VC) firms and investors who want to scan the landscape of innovations and innovators in AI and who want to source leads for investment in the AI and ML space.
If you are interested in sponsoring, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AI Maturity Continuum: A Three-Step Model to Understand Return On Investment (ROI) in AI
Building AI models/systems doesn’t come cheap. Data, Compute Talent, Time - it all comes at a high price in the AI world. Given the size of the investment, be it a 0-1 startup or MNC, it is important to understand the ROI (Return On Investment) upfront.
In this talk, we will look at “AI Maturity Continuum” - a framework that helps to conceive, build & mature AI systems while keeping business outcomes in mind. To explain the framework, we will use the ROI curve in AI.
We will see how & why the ROI curve in AI is very different from the ROI curve in traditional software/IT development. This explains why the age-old corporate wisdom of “early wins” does not work in AI. Above all, the framework guides you on the kind of AI talent you must hire and how this changes with time. This directly impacts your AI hiring strategy!
- A concrete yet simple framework to conceptualize “ROI” in AI projects
- Understand why ROI in traditional Software/IT behaves very differently for AI
- Understand how & why ROI for AI systems changes with time.
- Why where you are on the ROI curve in AI has the greatest bearing on the kind of AI talent one needs to hire and How this changes with time
- Why contributions margins in AI business are low and will never be anything like SaaS