Session on "Use Cases and Risks of ML in Capital Markets" | 23rd Dec at 4pm Hi everyone! The AI and Risk Mitigation project is well underway and for the third session, we will be joined by Rachna Maheshwari, Associate Director at CRI… more
The 2023 Monsoon edition is curated by:
- Nischal HP, Vice President of Data Engineering and Data Science at Scoutbee. Nischal curated the MLOps conference which was held online between 23 and 27 July 2021.
- Sumod Mohan, Founder and CEO at AutoInfer. Sumod curated Anthill Inside 2019 edition, held in Bangalore on 23 November.
- AI and Research - covers research, findings, and solutions for challenges on building models in various areas such as fraud detection, forecasting, and analytics. This track delves into the latest methodologies for handling challenges such as large-scale data processing, distributed computing, and optimizing model performance.
- Industrial applications of ML - covers implementation of AI in the industry, with more focus on the AI models, the issues in training, gathering data so, and so forth. ML is being used at scale in industries such as automotive, mechanical, manufacturing, agriculture, and such domains. This track focuses on the challenges in this space, as we see innovation coming out of these industries in the pursuit of using ML on a second-to-second basis.
- AI and Product - covers strategies for building AI products to scale and mitigating challenges. This track provides insights on incorporating AI tools and forecasting techniques to improve model training, developing a working model architecture, and using data in the business context.
There are three phases in the lifecycle of an application - research, application and aftermath of the application.
- Assess capabilities, determining the new frontiers for AI.
- Find a use for the application.
- Learn how to run it, monitor it and update it with time.
The three tracks at the 2023 Monsoon edition of The Fifth Elephant will cover this lifecycle.
The Fifth Elephant 2023 Monsoon edition will be held in-person. Attendance is open to The Fifth Elephant members only. Pick a membership to attend the in-person conference. If you have questions about participation, post a comment here.
- Data/MLOps engineers who want to learn about state-of-the-art tools and techniques, especially from domains such as automobile, agri-tech and mechanical industries.
- Data scientists who want a deeper understanding of model deployment/governance.
- Architects who are building ML workflows that scale.
- Tech founders who are building products that require AI or ML.
- Product managers, who want to learn about the process of building AI/ML products.
- Directors, VPs and senior tech leadership who are building AI/ML teams.
Sponsorship slots are open for:
- Infrastructure (GPU, CPU and cloud providers) and developer productivity tool makers who want to evangelise their offering to developers and decision-makers.
- Companies seeking tech branding among AI and ML developers.
- Venture Capital (VC) firms and investors who want to scan the landscape of innovations and innovators in AI and who want to source leads for investment in the AI and ML space.
A Customised Speech Recognition System for the Indian Telesales Industry
Telesales services involving sales of products or services over a phone call is a vast market with a global value of approximately US$ 27 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow to US$ 55 Bn by 2029. Call centre solutions originating from India are a widespread phenomenon and most of these services are for the vast consumer market in India with calls happening in Indic languages like Hindi, English, Bengali, Tamil, etc. Hence countless call recordings are generated with millions of conversations happening in a day across various industries like Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Hospitality, Marketing etc.
Despite the substantial volume of call recordings generated on a daily basis, the telesales industry remains relatively unexplored in terms of engineering innovations and AI applications. Since Speech Recognition is generally a pre-requisite for most of these applications and its quality in Indic languages often serves as a limiting factor.
These call recordings can enable organisations to innovate using Artificial Intelligence and build applications like lead prioritisation, mining product feedback, automated training of telesales agents, language or grammar assessment, conversation analytics and many more, to provide best-in-class services to their customers and visibility to their business.
At SquadStack, we provide fully managed telecalling services to our customers across various industries like Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, E-commerce, etc. In the process, we generate thousands of hrs of call recordings in a day while calling leads all across India. We realised a need for customised Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) build specifically for the telesales industry in the Indian context to empower many of the AI applications in this industry.
- Why behind the problem?
- What are we solving? The proposed workflow in the telesales industry.
- Speech Recognition System Architecture
- Implementation and deployment of service at scale
- The impact generated in terms of cost, quality and unlocking downstream applications
- Benchmarking across available services
- Future work and conclusion